Dr. Luciano F. Adler M.D.
- Bariatric and Minimally Invasive Surgery
- General Surgery
- Medical School - Universidad Favaloro Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, 2001
- Residency - Tulane University Hospital And Clinic, 2009, Surgery
- Internship – Mount Sinai Hospital Center, 2005, Surgery
- Fellowship - University Of South Florida College Of Medicine, 2010, Bariatric Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- General Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
I am a general surgeon, which means I perform a variety of procedures. I specialize in bariatric (weight-loss) surgery and operations on the digestive tract like gallbladder procedures, anti-reflux treatments, colon surgery as well as hernia operations, removal of lesions of the skin and more. I am also specially trained in robotic and laparoscopic surgery – which enables surgeons to perform operations through smaller incisions resulting in faster recovery time for patients.
I understand that the possibility of surgery can be frightening to many people. Therefore, I take my time to get to know you, not just as a patient but also as a person to better understand your background and the impact of this medical problem on your life. I want you to feel comfortable and secure in what is happening, and will take as much time as necessary to explain the cause of your symptoms, your options, and what you can expect during and after a procedure.
As a surgeon, seeing a patient after an operation that resolved their problem, hearing that they are not sick anymore and being able to participate in their healing process is one of the most gratifying feelings I am honored to experience. I believe when patients and doctors work together, people experience the best results. And that is my ultimate goal.
Practice Website: www.mhs.net