Dr. Sam Horowitz D.P.M.
- Undergraduate - University of Miami
- Medical School - Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine
- Residency - Westchester General Hospital
- Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Dade County Podiatric Medical Association
- Florida Podiatric Medical Association
- American Podiatric Medical Association
Dr Horowitz was born and raised in Brooklyn New York. He moved to Miami Florida when he was 17 and graduated from the University of Miami with degrees in Biology and Psychology. He attended and graduated from the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine and completed his surgical residency at Westchester General Hospital. Dr Horowitz was the first podiatrist in the State of Florida to receive a surgical residency.
Dr Horowitz founded Foot & Ankle Surgical Group, Podiatry of South Florida in 1976 and in 1993 founded Foot & Ankle Network, working with managed healthcare plans in the State of Florida.
- Dr Horowitz is an avid athlete. He rode his bicycle accross the United States from Seattle Washington to Washington DC for the American Lung Association in June 2000 .
- He has completed three Marathons, eight half marathons and 10K and 5K races too numerous to count.
- Dr Horowitz recently finished 2nd in his age group at the Holloween Spooktacular 5K at TY park.
- Dr Horowitz is the lucky husband of his wonderful wife, Judy, who was born and raised in Poland, Maine where they vacation most summers.
- Dr Horowitz has two sons and his stepdaughter living here in South Florida, Zachary, GIdeon and Tracy, who have given him three grandchildren.