Dr. Benjamin J. Cousins M.D.
- Plastic Surgery
- Undergraduate - University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS
- Medical School - University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Internship/Residency - General Surgery, University of Nevada School of Medicine, University Medical Center and United States Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Las Vegas
- Fellowship - Hand Surgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Fellowship – Plastic Surgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- General Surgery, American Board of Surgery (ABS)
- Plastic Surgery, American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS)
- CAQ Certified
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)
- American Association for Hand Surgery (AAHS)
- Hand surgery
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
Benjamin J. Cousins, M.D., treats all aspects of injuries to the hand, wrist, forearm and upper extremities. Dr. Cousins is a founding partner of South Florida Hand Surgery and is triple board certified by the American Board of Surgery (ABS) and the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS). Over the years, he has managed many traumatic and complex injuries of the hand and upper extremities and performed many delicate surgeries, including free tissue transfer, finger and limb replantation and revascularization, microsurgery and a number of other complex operations. He has a strong interest in all areas of hand surgery, including fracture management, carpal tunnel syndrome, ganglion cysts of the wrist and nerve and tendon injuries. He has published several articles and book chapters. He believes contributing to medical literature and science are fundamentally important to medicine, recovery and healing. He also volunteers on the faculty at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Dr. Cousins brings a wealth of knowledge and experience in hand surgery to South Florida. He makes every effort to ensure that he and his team provide only the absolute best care to his patients.