Dr. Stephen Jacobs M.D.
- Undergraduate - University of Pennsylvania
- Medical School - Mt. Sinai School of Medicine
- Internship - Mt. Sinai Medical Center
- Residency - Mt. Sinai Medical Center
- Specialized Training - Lenox-Hill Medical Center
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Florida Medical Association
- Broward County Medical Association
- Orthopaedic Center of South Florida
Dr. Jacobs is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. He specializes in sports medicine, arthroscopy and total joint replacement. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, graduating Magna Cum Laude in 1981. Dr. Jacobs earned his medical degree from the Mt. Sinai School of Medicine where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society.
In 1986, Dr. Jacobs completed an internship in general surgery and in 1990, a residency program in orthopaedic surgery at Mt. Sinai Medical Center in New York where he also served as Chief Resident in orthopaedic surgery. He also received specialized training in arthroscopic surgery and sports medicine at Lenox-Hill Medical Center in New York.
Dr. Jacobs is a member of the American Medical Association, the Florida Medical Association and the Broward County Medical Association. Dr. Jacobs is also certified as an Expert Medical Advisor by the State of Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration as well as the Division of Worker’s Compensation.
Dr. Jacobs has served as President of the Orthopaedic Center of South Florida since 1997.
He also has extensive experience in the treatment of complex industrial and personal injuries.